Growing up can be so challenging sometimes, especially in those pre-adolescent and adolescent years. It’s a stage in life where so many changes are happening, physically, emotionally, cognitively and socially. It’s a stage where we are given more freedom to choose and make decisions – a time that I discovered more about who I really was. Despite this knowing however I found myself quieting parts of myself in order to avoid judgment and feel accepted. If I would have only known that the parts of me that I neglected would one day become so loud that I would not be able to avoid it, I may have had the courage to do things differently.
In addition to this awareness there are many other things that I wished I would have known when I was younger.
1. I wish someone would have taught me mindfulness, and the ability to honour where I am at without judgement.
2. The power in my thoughts, mind and breath.
3. That 90% of my fear is simply a story I create in my head.
4. That I will never be able to “worry” away a problem.
5. That in stillness and quiet, so many answers are revealed.
6. That pain and disappointment is unavoidable, but suffering – that is 100% a choice.
7. To trust my journey and that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
8. That empathy, kindness and compassion can change everything.
9. That I am not responsible for how other people respond.
10. That life does not happen to me, but rather for me.
11. That what you admire in someone else is often a direct reflection of the gifts you already have within.
12. That living a life of peace and happiness is a skill that requires practice.
Over the past several months I have been asked by clients and have received several prayer requests for children and youth, and with that I am so excited to now be offering youth sessions (ages 9-17). In these sessions I will connect directly with the youth’s spirit team and deliver messages of healing and guidance. I will also feel into their energetic bodies to lift and shift and areas that are stagnant, and most importantly I will hold space and provide a supportive environment for them. All youth sessions require parent/guardian consent.
The promo code HEAL22 for 22% off is still available for all future sessions booked by January 31, 2021.
Have an incredible weekend!